Wednesday, March 7, 2007

If you don't stumble...

You don't have a chance to get back up again.

That's one of those proverbs that motivational speakers and people desperate enough to listen to every word they say and think they can change their lives often quote.

I don't think I fall into either of these categories. But, I readily recognize that I have my share of opportunities to "get back up again". This coming Memorial Day, I will swim/bike/run my way to the finish line of the Galena Triathlon Sprint. This will be my very first attempt at a competitive sport like this. The goal for this event is two-fold. First, I want to get in better shape. Second, I want to finish the race without falling over or resorting to crawling.

To help me along, I will make a public commitment to sticking to a training schedule. My schedule will be posted online through Google Docs & Spreadsheets. I will update my training schedule here. I will also add a link to the right hand column where the spreadsheet can be accessed.

Where does the "get back up" come in, you ask? Well, as you can see from the training schedule, I have hit a huge hiccup with the last two weeks of training. This was a rough period of time, and only yesterday did I get back on the bandwagon. It's time to get back on the horse. To have a stiff upper lip. To belly up to the bar. To put my money where my mouth (blog) is. To live up to my potential.

One stride at a time.

No comments: